Skip to main content

Practice Random Kindness

So I was driving from my niece's birthday party (she's 3) to the afore mentioned drag show and I came across a toll. For some reason, people were not able to understand the red versus green light and kept pulling up to the lane that was closed (red) and had to try to scoot into the lane that was open (green). (Are you following the color coding? Good.) I let two people who were stuck in the red lane go in front of me and then said to myself "No more! It's my turn to go through." I was sort of in a hurry and because I'm now conserving quarters for laundry I was in the non-exact change lane. Then a lady in a mini-van failed to comprehend the red light as well. I wasn't close enough to the gate to just move forward like I hadn't seen her but I was kind of annoyed and afraid the people behind me would start getting pissy if I let anymore people through. I let her through anyway and made exasperated sighing noises behind her as if she and the people behind me could hear me. Then I finally got up the toll person. When I did she waved me through. She said I was all set, the woman in the mini-van had paid for me. Really? Wow. Could I have a side of humble pie with that?
Random kindness. It can make a person's day.

Comments

raindrop said…
Great story!

Popular posts from this blog

Mycology*

A Phone Conversation: Me: "In the spirit of full disclosure, I should let you know I am signed up to auction myself off at a batchelor/batchelorette auction next month." Friendster Guy: "How much does a single girl go for these days? Will I have to bring my checkbook?" Right thing to say Friendster Guy. Right thing to say. Also, today is Compliment Day. According to this site , this day was created in 1998 by Kathy Chamberlin, of Hopkinton, NH. and Debby Hoffman, of Concord, NH. Sad that it took until 1998 to have a Compliment Day while National Pie Day began in 1986 (thanks American Pie Council and Crisco), and National Handwriting Day started way back in 1977. Spread the love today. Compliment 5 people. By the way, you're fabulous. * Mycology = the study of fungus

Gone by the wayside

I have no idea if anyone is reading this anymore. If you have been loyally checking back now and again I applaud you. At one point this blog was a therapeutic outlet for me. I'm glad to have a chronicle of my experiences during this time of my life. Now, however, instead of a creative outlet it's more of a nagging reminder that I should be posting and this girl does not need one more thing on her "To Do" list. I'd love for you to explore the archives if you so chose. If you have already done so, here's a brief update: Friendster Guy and I are still together and co-habitating. We are in domestic, but still unwedded, bliss (that status could be a post or two in and of itself, but, as I've just said, I'm done with that.) We're so domesticated we're in the market for granite countertops. We also just returned from an Aussie/New Zealand vacation and if 8 days in a tiny RV won't solidify (or destroy) a relationship nothing will. We're stronge...

TMI re: Nuvaring

Let's just state right up front that this post is going to contain too much information. It's about birth control, the prescription kind. Any modern straight gal must think about it unless they like playing russian roulette with their ovaries. (Thanks N for correcting my previously heterocentric sentence.) There is nothing fun about birth control except that you can kind of have sex without freaking out that you may get pregnant. Of course you may get pregnant anyway (joy! rapture!) simply because the gods are not smiling upon you and you are the one in 100 for whom the statistics suck. Pros of birth control: You are less likely to get pregnant. Sometimes your skin clears up. Less severe cramping. You have control of your own destiny, sort of. Cons of birth control: If you are on the pill you have to remember to take it every day. Sometimes, as in my case, it can make you think you are bipolar, even at a low dose. It's just a general pain in the rear end that makes you par...