Skip to main content

When it rains it pours!

Ladies and Gentlemen, I have a date with Friendster #1 for lunch on Thursday. Yeeha! He suggested that since it is my first "meet someone on the internet" date that we start simple - not drinks or dinner. I think that was very considerate of him. He's already dated and had a relationship with other women he's met on-line. He's more seasoned than I am but he seems very nice and from his picture he's pretty cute. I seem to have developed a taste for men with glasses.

In addition, I have another date on Saturday for coffee with the Match.com guy who joked about the closets (See my last post).

AND, I'm pretty sure I'm about to be asked on another date by a different Match.com guy. After a couple of emails exchanged he just suggested we get together to talk about our travels.

In other news, my STBX and I went to the courthouse today and filed all the paperwork. Once the judge signs them on Thursday we will be officially divorced. I had told my boss that I was going to take the whole day off just in case I had some sort of emotional meltdown but it was less emotional than buying a car. STBX and I joked, talked about Christmas plans, and just parted ways with a quick hug and a silly "Happy Divorce!" Maybe it will hit me later. Maybe it won't. Until then, I'm doing fine, and going on lots of dates!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mycology*

A Phone Conversation: Me: "In the spirit of full disclosure, I should let you know I am signed up to auction myself off at a batchelor/batchelorette auction next month." Friendster Guy: "How much does a single girl go for these days? Will I have to bring my checkbook?" Right thing to say Friendster Guy. Right thing to say. Also, today is Compliment Day. According to this site , this day was created in 1998 by Kathy Chamberlin, of Hopkinton, NH. and Debby Hoffman, of Concord, NH. Sad that it took until 1998 to have a Compliment Day while National Pie Day began in 1986 (thanks American Pie Council and Crisco), and National Handwriting Day started way back in 1977. Spread the love today. Compliment 5 people. By the way, you're fabulous. * Mycology = the study of fungus

Gone by the wayside

I have no idea if anyone is reading this anymore. If you have been loyally checking back now and again I applaud you. At one point this blog was a therapeutic outlet for me. I'm glad to have a chronicle of my experiences during this time of my life. Now, however, instead of a creative outlet it's more of a nagging reminder that I should be posting and this girl does not need one more thing on her "To Do" list. I'd love for you to explore the archives if you so chose. If you have already done so, here's a brief update: Friendster Guy and I are still together and co-habitating. We are in domestic, but still unwedded, bliss (that status could be a post or two in and of itself, but, as I've just said, I'm done with that.) We're so domesticated we're in the market for granite countertops. We also just returned from an Aussie/New Zealand vacation and if 8 days in a tiny RV won't solidify (or destroy) a relationship nothing will. We're stronge...

TMI re: Nuvaring

Let's just state right up front that this post is going to contain too much information. It's about birth control, the prescription kind. Any modern straight gal must think about it unless they like playing russian roulette with their ovaries. (Thanks N for correcting my previously heterocentric sentence.) There is nothing fun about birth control except that you can kind of have sex without freaking out that you may get pregnant. Of course you may get pregnant anyway (joy! rapture!) simply because the gods are not smiling upon you and you are the one in 100 for whom the statistics suck. Pros of birth control: You are less likely to get pregnant. Sometimes your skin clears up. Less severe cramping. You have control of your own destiny, sort of. Cons of birth control: If you are on the pill you have to remember to take it every day. Sometimes, as in my case, it can make you think you are bipolar, even at a low dose. It's just a general pain in the rear end that makes you par...