Skip to main content

Blue Ribbon Weekend

This weekend is going to be great. Why? Because I have second dates with my top two candidates (Friendster Guy and High School Guy) and a first date with the guy I got the best vibes from on Match.com, Math Teacher Guy. I should start my own show like Rachael Ray - Getting by on one date a day (and still doing your laundry, paying your bills, and getting enough sleep). Except I haven't figured out how do so all that stuff in parenthesis yet. Baby steps.

Buff Gym Guy has settled safely into flirty friend mode and that's good. When I brought him to share with a group of gal pals he was charming and flirty and gravitated to one of my gorgeous and sassy friends. I do not blame him (she really is gorgeous, and one of the nicest and most personable people you'll ever meet so you can't hate her for being gorgeous. Plus, I'm starting to think I'm pretty gorgeous as well.). My motives for bringing him were to introduce him to other great ladies. He's too much for one I think. And our underlying beliefs are way too different. A Catholic boy who goes to church regularly should not date an atheist. I've been there and tried that. It doesn't quite work. You're both looking down at the other a little. Buff Gym Guy also brought his brother to the gathering and he hit it off with one of my friends. All in all I think meeting Buff Gym Guy was really a very good thing. I made a friend, got my ego boosted, and may have helped a love connection.

In other news, (I always seem to have other news) I went salsa dancing last night. A guy friend of mine suggested I stop by so I did and I had a great time. I'd never salsaed (Spelling? It sounds right when you say it but I don't think that's an actual word). There were ten people, 5 men, 5 women, and every guy danced with every girl at least once. It was great fun and despite the fact that we were all single (I think), it wasn't flirty or "hey baby". Just grown-ups getting together to dance. I'm definitely going again. They have it once a week. Anybody care to join me? Cha cha cha!

Comments

raindrop said…
I can totally relate to the Atheist (me) dating the Religious Guy (RG) scenario--just doesn't work.

By way of explanation, I stumbled upon your blog a few days ago (I know 3 years after you wrote this stuff) and read a few of the more recent entries and laughed my ass off prompting me to start at the beginning; hence my belated comments :).

Popular posts from this blog

Mycology*

A Phone Conversation: Me: "In the spirit of full disclosure, I should let you know I am signed up to auction myself off at a batchelor/batchelorette auction next month." Friendster Guy: "How much does a single girl go for these days? Will I have to bring my checkbook?" Right thing to say Friendster Guy. Right thing to say. Also, today is Compliment Day. According to this site , this day was created in 1998 by Kathy Chamberlin, of Hopkinton, NH. and Debby Hoffman, of Concord, NH. Sad that it took until 1998 to have a Compliment Day while National Pie Day began in 1986 (thanks American Pie Council and Crisco), and National Handwriting Day started way back in 1977. Spread the love today. Compliment 5 people. By the way, you're fabulous. * Mycology = the study of fungus

Gone by the wayside

I have no idea if anyone is reading this anymore. If you have been loyally checking back now and again I applaud you. At one point this blog was a therapeutic outlet for me. I'm glad to have a chronicle of my experiences during this time of my life. Now, however, instead of a creative outlet it's more of a nagging reminder that I should be posting and this girl does not need one more thing on her "To Do" list. I'd love for you to explore the archives if you so chose. If you have already done so, here's a brief update: Friendster Guy and I are still together and co-habitating. We are in domestic, but still unwedded, bliss (that status could be a post or two in and of itself, but, as I've just said, I'm done with that.) We're so domesticated we're in the market for granite countertops. We also just returned from an Aussie/New Zealand vacation and if 8 days in a tiny RV won't solidify (or destroy) a relationship nothing will. We're stronge...

TMI re: Nuvaring

Let's just state right up front that this post is going to contain too much information. It's about birth control, the prescription kind. Any modern straight gal must think about it unless they like playing russian roulette with their ovaries. (Thanks N for correcting my previously heterocentric sentence.) There is nothing fun about birth control except that you can kind of have sex without freaking out that you may get pregnant. Of course you may get pregnant anyway (joy! rapture!) simply because the gods are not smiling upon you and you are the one in 100 for whom the statistics suck. Pros of birth control: You are less likely to get pregnant. Sometimes your skin clears up. Less severe cramping. You have control of your own destiny, sort of. Cons of birth control: If you are on the pill you have to remember to take it every day. Sometimes, as in my case, it can make you think you are bipolar, even at a low dose. It's just a general pain in the rear end that makes you par...