Skip to main content

Watch out for shrapnel!

My Hope-oscopes for today are a little off:

LOVE "Your charm and your intelligence are formidable [Well duh!]. Make sure you're not subtly using them to intimidate your honey into a decision that they're not quite ready to make. Let them get there on their own."


I don't think there are any decision currently on the table so whatever.

CAREER "It doesn't really matter what you're doing throughout the day, as you will doubtless enjoy your work. You've got a knack for squeezing fun out of any situation, and right now it's supercharged."


Um, my goal for the day is to clean out a filing cabinet. It ain't exactly Mardi Gras. Maybe I'll have to put on some music and rock out in my office.


By the way, today is the day Friendster Guy and X (and maybe High School Guy) all meet and my head explodes. Nothing about that in my horoscope.

I talked to Friendster Guy last night to check in on his comfort level with this crazy endeavor. He's definitely nervous and/or uncomfortable but he's willing to give it a shot. You gotta give him bonus points for that. He's such a good guy. Technically, if he is going to stay with me (which I hope he will) this was bound to happen sooner or later. It's a small town for one thing and for another my X has been adopted as a friend of my family. I'm ok with that but it can't be an easy thing for someone who hasn't even met my family to realize their spot as my significant other was 1) already filled at one time, and 2) not 100% empty in the eyes of my family. My family members aren't doing this to be mean. On the contrary, it's because they are so nice and accepting. They really like X and can't help keeping him around. It will slowly fade as he doesn't go to all the events and then eventually leaves the area. But for the next year or so, any serious boyfriends I have are going to have to be at events with my family and potentially my X. It's better they meet now at a bar with lots of other people than at my sister's birthday party.

I asked Friendster Guy how I should introduce him tonight.
"That's up to you." he said.
"Then I'm going to introduce you as my boyfriend."
"Whatever makes you happy." he replied.
He said it nicely but it sounded like a bit of a cop out so I said, "It's not about what makes me happy. It's about what makes sense and sounds like the right thing. Does boyfriend sound like the right definition."
"That sounds about right."
"Good. That's gonna make it a heck of a lot easier tonight when I introduce you two to everyone."
If you recall, Friendster Guy and X have the same first name. Now at least I can say this is my boyfriend "Joe" and this is my friend/ex-husband "Joe". Thank god High School Guy has a different name.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mycology*

A Phone Conversation: Me: "In the spirit of full disclosure, I should let you know I am signed up to auction myself off at a batchelor/batchelorette auction next month." Friendster Guy: "How much does a single girl go for these days? Will I have to bring my checkbook?" Right thing to say Friendster Guy. Right thing to say. Also, today is Compliment Day. According to this site , this day was created in 1998 by Kathy Chamberlin, of Hopkinton, NH. and Debby Hoffman, of Concord, NH. Sad that it took until 1998 to have a Compliment Day while National Pie Day began in 1986 (thanks American Pie Council and Crisco), and National Handwriting Day started way back in 1977. Spread the love today. Compliment 5 people. By the way, you're fabulous. * Mycology = the study of fungus

Gone by the wayside

I have no idea if anyone is reading this anymore. If you have been loyally checking back now and again I applaud you. At one point this blog was a therapeutic outlet for me. I'm glad to have a chronicle of my experiences during this time of my life. Now, however, instead of a creative outlet it's more of a nagging reminder that I should be posting and this girl does not need one more thing on her "To Do" list. I'd love for you to explore the archives if you so chose. If you have already done so, here's a brief update: Friendster Guy and I are still together and co-habitating. We are in domestic, but still unwedded, bliss (that status could be a post or two in and of itself, but, as I've just said, I'm done with that.) We're so domesticated we're in the market for granite countertops. We also just returned from an Aussie/New Zealand vacation and if 8 days in a tiny RV won't solidify (or destroy) a relationship nothing will. We're stronge...

TMI re: Nuvaring

Let's just state right up front that this post is going to contain too much information. It's about birth control, the prescription kind. Any modern straight gal must think about it unless they like playing russian roulette with their ovaries. (Thanks N for correcting my previously heterocentric sentence.) There is nothing fun about birth control except that you can kind of have sex without freaking out that you may get pregnant. Of course you may get pregnant anyway (joy! rapture!) simply because the gods are not smiling upon you and you are the one in 100 for whom the statistics suck. Pros of birth control: You are less likely to get pregnant. Sometimes your skin clears up. Less severe cramping. You have control of your own destiny, sort of. Cons of birth control: If you are on the pill you have to remember to take it every day. Sometimes, as in my case, it can make you think you are bipolar, even at a low dose. It's just a general pain in the rear end that makes you par...