Skip to main content

You'd think somewhere he would have learned to spell

Here's another unsolicted email I just got through Friendster. It's amazing I found someone as good as Friendster Guy on there. It gives one hope. This kind of takes it away again.

"Friday, March 31, 2006 7:36:00 PM
Subject: hello dear
Message:
Hi Dear,How are you doing, your health, business,personal life and everyother thing around you? Hope great. I must tell youthat i'm so much happy reading from you. Well it'smy first day onthis site, and through my search i just didn't fine aperfect womanjust for me but you. That's why i showed interest.You know i thoughtthis could be away of meeting new people may bethat special personas well.According to your profile, I love every thing aboutyou, and willlike to have something with you. I'm XXXXX By name, i'mAn Free Land International journalist by profession.I'm fromNEW YORK USA. I lost my folks 11years agoand before then i've been inthe journalism business. I school at VirginiaWesleyan College (VA),after then i was transferred to the Valley City StateUniversity (ND)where i study Mass Communication.And incase uwonna get to know me better u can email me inmy yahoo mail which is --xxxx--- take care and stay blessed. but befor i leave imost confes to u that "For my eyes have beenmistaken, for this to be true, an Angel so low, anAngel so bright, for it's as if God himself, hasstolen two stars from the night sky, And hid themwithin your eyes, so one day you shall see, thebeauty within, the Angel I see, but above all, youhave became, the Angel i see."

Good grief. The picture that comes with it is of a pretty attractive, muscular, topless African American man. He's less frightening (at least in the Deliverance sort of way) than some of the other men who have "communicated" with me. (Like the married guy who was loooking for "friends with benefits") Except I've never heard of a "Free Land Journalist" before. You think he writes for a Real Estate firm?

In other news, a heretofore forgotten about bill has dropped the amount of money I have in my checking account until next Friday to $23.76. Looks like I'm going to have to tap into savings a little. It's better than putting stuff on the credit card though.

Comments

Anonymous said…
and this guy claims to be a journalist? uh huh. i see. and a free land one, whatever the hell that means. it's probably different from free lance, where they pay to write.
Anonymous said…
Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!
I have a take over payments site.
Come and check it out if you get time :-)
Greetings.

Popular posts from this blog

Mycology*

A Phone Conversation: Me: "In the spirit of full disclosure, I should let you know I am signed up to auction myself off at a batchelor/batchelorette auction next month." Friendster Guy: "How much does a single girl go for these days? Will I have to bring my checkbook?" Right thing to say Friendster Guy. Right thing to say. Also, today is Compliment Day. According to this site , this day was created in 1998 by Kathy Chamberlin, of Hopkinton, NH. and Debby Hoffman, of Concord, NH. Sad that it took until 1998 to have a Compliment Day while National Pie Day began in 1986 (thanks American Pie Council and Crisco), and National Handwriting Day started way back in 1977. Spread the love today. Compliment 5 people. By the way, you're fabulous. * Mycology = the study of fungus

Gone by the wayside

I have no idea if anyone is reading this anymore. If you have been loyally checking back now and again I applaud you. At one point this blog was a therapeutic outlet for me. I'm glad to have a chronicle of my experiences during this time of my life. Now, however, instead of a creative outlet it's more of a nagging reminder that I should be posting and this girl does not need one more thing on her "To Do" list. I'd love for you to explore the archives if you so chose. If you have already done so, here's a brief update: Friendster Guy and I are still together and co-habitating. We are in domestic, but still unwedded, bliss (that status could be a post or two in and of itself, but, as I've just said, I'm done with that.) We're so domesticated we're in the market for granite countertops. We also just returned from an Aussie/New Zealand vacation and if 8 days in a tiny RV won't solidify (or destroy) a relationship nothing will. We're stronge...

TMI re: Nuvaring

Let's just state right up front that this post is going to contain too much information. It's about birth control, the prescription kind. Any modern straight gal must think about it unless they like playing russian roulette with their ovaries. (Thanks N for correcting my previously heterocentric sentence.) There is nothing fun about birth control except that you can kind of have sex without freaking out that you may get pregnant. Of course you may get pregnant anyway (joy! rapture!) simply because the gods are not smiling upon you and you are the one in 100 for whom the statistics suck. Pros of birth control: You are less likely to get pregnant. Sometimes your skin clears up. Less severe cramping. You have control of your own destiny, sort of. Cons of birth control: If you are on the pill you have to remember to take it every day. Sometimes, as in my case, it can make you think you are bipolar, even at a low dose. It's just a general pain in the rear end that makes you par...