Thursday, August 03, 2006

Birthday Wish

Happy Birthday to Me!
Happy Birthday to Me!
Happy Birthday to MEEEEE!
Happy Birthday to ME!!!!

Yup, it's my birthday. I am the big 30. And that's pretty cool.

Here's an odd thought for my birthday. I'm reading Bill Bryson's A Short History of Nearly Everything and in it he talks about atoms and how there are so many atoms that we're all made of billions of them. And those billions of atoms were all part of people and creatures that came before us, over and over again. We're all recycled from the past. And that's humbling.

On that note, my birthday wish is that everyone follow the Bill &Ted philosophy - "Be excellent to each other." Because you never know when you will be, or have already been, each other.

7 comments:

josh said...

well, happy birthday ol' lady! [don't worry, i'm right behind ya] :-)

Justin M said...

Happy 30... now your body's warranty has expired! You're on your own! LOL

--J

Mrs. Harridan said...

Happy Birthday, fellow Leo! Enjoy 30 - it might seems like a huge, depressing milestone (or not, depending), but it was a great year for me.

tjdygon said...

Happy Birthday Sassy!!! I just did my 30th in June and it hasn't been too bad! I'm sure you will survive yours! Go out and party!

DecemberFlower said...

Happy birthday!

NinjaMama said...

Having done the 30th thing a few years back, I have this to offer up to you...

When I get a moment to stop in the midst of my busy life that is full of stress, love, kids, and responsibility, I stop, take a breath, and wonder who ever thought I could handle of this?

I sit there looking out of my '16 year old's' eyes wondering "I wonder what I am going to do when I grow up?"

This month I am going to a huge party at a friends house. It is going to be a big bash with a band, a hot wing contest, camping out, bon fire, the works. 60 people are coming!! This friend of mine is a firecracker! Funny, energetic, sweet, funloving, she can run circles around me... She is turning 70!! I am half her age and she gives me so much inspiration. Age is a state of mind.

You have like, 60 more years to spread your warmth around the world Sassy! How cool is THAT!

Happy Birthday, love ya

S

Shell said...

Woo! Happy birthday!

I love Bryson. His book about walking the coast of England kicks ass.