Friday, September 22, 2006

Don't know why girls go for the bad boys

A few days ago Friendster Guy and I had a "discussion" wherein I got my feelings hurt but he proceeded to feel worse than I did because he had hurt my feelings. This makes him one of the good guys. The difference, I am discovering, between a good guy and a jerk is that a jerk will walk into your feelings like a bull in a china shop - knowing full well where he is and what he's doing: crash, bang, boom! - whereas a good guy will get in there and realize, "Oh shit! I thought this was the linens department. My bad!"

4 comments:

Justin M said...

Things also to think about! I have heard the phrase "Nice guys finish last" and I believe that is true in some cases. I think that the nice guys are like gold when a woman reaches 25-35 years old. Before that, a lot of women enjoy the lure of the jerk guys! :)

Sassy Pants said...

"Nice guys finish last" was going to be the title of my post but if you're a pervert like myself that phrase has exactly the opposite meaning I was after.

Sassy Pants said...

Oops! I meant "Nice Guys finish FIRST."

hervor the howler said...

i think it's about expectation. we have high expectations for the good guy, and the fall from up high can be a hard one. expectations ae low for a bad guy and so are easier for them to meet. it's also easier for them to exceed expectation, and, they aren't expected to do it very often!