Skip to main content

Resolutions

At this time of year, besides thinking about all the food we're eating and money we're spending, we also start to think about resolutions - like diets and debt reduction.

To help you keep track of your resolutions, or just your list of things to do with your life, there's a website called 43 Things where you can create a list of 43 things you'd like to do, from the mundane to pie in the sky. Every so often I revisit and update my list. You can also check off what you've done, write entries about your goals, and see who else is working on the same goal.

My Mom is on there (and on Friendster, and she recently joined MySpace - much to my sister's chagrine because now we sort of have to tone down our comments and such.) She has goals ranging from "clean the basement" to "Kiss Johnny Depp." She's got a little bit of a thing for that man. Actually, quite a thing for the man. To the point where she is going to be getting a heck of a lot of Jack Sparrow paraphenalia for Christmas.

Anyway, here are my 43 Things at the moment (my apologies for the formatting, or lack thereof. )

speak spanish fluently
live in a foreign country
write more letters
eat less sugar
lose weight
learn to play guitar
Finish what I start
Take a "one-year off" trip
get a six pack
be happy with my body
Be debt free
volunteer at the animal shelter
Read Harry Potter in Spanish
watch the AFI Top 100 American movies
visit all 50 states
learn to paint
spend more time outdoors
become involved in local theater
make a flourless chocolate cake
practice discardia
Host a dinner party
figure out what i want to be when i grow up
get a dog
read every book I own
Meet and befriend a celebrity
smile at strangers
Challenge myself
Be a lounge singer
go on a road trip with no predetermined destination
identify 100 things that make me happy (besides money)
improve my memory
Write a will
Go to trapeze school
Go up in a hot air balloon
finish my thesis
receive a letter from Hogwarts apologizing for the late owl but informing me that i am actually a wizard.
NEVER feel bad for something I cannot control
Spend Wisely and Save Like a Mad Woman
Get rid of one possession every day
learn not to take things personally
be comfortable in lingerie
learn how to draw with pastels
Learn to juggle

Comments

tjdygon said…
I have a recipe for a flour cake that is pretty easy to make. i will send you the recipe. It is delicious!!!!
Sock Girl said…
I would love both the balloon ride and the letter from Hogwarts (which made me laugh out loud). Have you given yourself a timeline to do all that stuff?

Popular posts from this blog

Gone by the wayside

I have no idea if anyone is reading this anymore. If you have been loyally checking back now and again I applaud you. At one point this blog was a therapeutic outlet for me. I'm glad to have a chronicle of my experiences during this time of my life. Now, however, instead of a creative outlet it's more of a nagging reminder that I should be posting and this girl does not need one more thing on her "To Do" list. I'd love for you to explore the archives if you so chose. If you have already done so, here's a brief update: Friendster Guy and I are still together and co-habitating. We are in domestic, but still unwedded, bliss (that status could be a post or two in and of itself, but, as I've just said, I'm done with that.) We're so domesticated we're in the market for granite countertops. We also just returned from an Aussie/New Zealand vacation and if 8 days in a tiny RV won't solidify (or destroy) a relationship nothing will. We're stronge

Making Eye Babies

Colleges often have a lot of rules the students need to follow. After all, a bunch of 18-21 year olds can't really be expected to self-govern on their own, at least not 24/7, no matter how vehement they are that they can do just that. (I was 18-21 once myself so I know it's annoying to hear that. I don't mean all 18-21 year olds individually, I mean when they all get together in one place.) Then there are Christian Colleges which have more rules, often based on biblical teachings and moral dictates. Further down the spectrum is Bob Jones University* which considers the Christian colleges just too darn liberal so they piles on a bunch of morally based codes of behavior. Not to be outdone by the crazy liberal heathens at Bob Jones, Pensacola Christian College goes hog wild with the rules and moral imperatives and makes the Taliban look almost liberal. An article in the March 24th edition of the Chronicle of Higher Education explains some of the rules and regulations the stu

Everything old is new again...

It's been 10 years since last I posted here. Ten. Years. I guess it is true that things on the internet never disappear. I'm honestly shocked I was able to log in. A quick update: Friendster Guy and I split up, amicably, 2 years ago. Since then I've dated 3 gentlemen, the most recent of which lasted a year but once again, ended. Amicably. I'm excellent at breakups apparently. I have just reentered the world of on-line dating and was thinking how I used to chronicle my exploits here. A lot of things have changed in the interim - texting, Facebook being open to all, the ubiquity of camera phones, a new generation of dating sites/apps. But, a lot of things haven't. Men are still...men. The technology may have changed, but the people behind the scenes are still the same. The main difference is that I'm now 15 years older. Maybe, just maybe, I'm also wiser. And maybe, if I cross my fingers really hard, so are the gentlemen I end up meeting.