Skip to main content

You may need a flow chart.

You know the Six Degrees of Kevin Bacon Game? We're going to play the Zero Degrees of Sassy Pants Game. Trust me, there is no separation.

The Players:
  • Sassy Pants - Blogger extraordinaire, or maybe just ordinaire, but blogger nonetheless.
  • Friendster Guy - Sassy's boyfriend extraordinaire
  • The X - Sassy's X husband
  • X's Girlfriend - self explanatory
  • Dr. R - Sassy and X's good friend from college (in Pennsylvania)
  • Mrs. Dr. R. (aka Dr. G's sister) - self-explanatory, sort of
  • Dr. G - Another good friend of Sassy and X from college

The Game (try to follow along, it's not easy):
  • Dr. R and Dr. G were roommates in college.
  • Dr. R is now married to Dr. G's sister (aka Mrs. Dr. R).
  • Dr. R and Mrs. Dr. R moved to New Hampshire a year ago. Dr. R now works for the hospital affiliated with the college where X and Sassy Pants are employed.
  • Dr. R introduced X to X's girlfriend.
  • X moved in with X's girlfriend who just happened to live in the same apartment complex as Friendster Guy. (It makes the "walk of shame" that much more interesting when you have to wave at your X driving by.)
  • In June, X and X's girlfriend will be moving to Vermont where X's girlfriend will be doing a fellowship at a hospital.
  • In June, Dr. G and his wife also just happen to be moving to Vermont where Dr. G will enter a fellowship at the same hospital.

If you followed all that, in June, Sassy, Friendster Guy, Dr. R and Dr. R's wife (aka Dr. G's sister) will be living in a cluster in NH, while the X, X's girlfriend, Dr. G and his wife will be living in a cluster in Vermont. The exes and the in-laws are equally divided among the locales. Even if I wanted to get rid of the X I can't because I'm such good friends with Dr. R and Dr. G that if we have some sort of get together everyone will be there. Sigh...

See! Zero degrees of separation!

Comments

Anonymous said…
That's SASSY degrees of separation!
Anonymous said…
I feel gray matter seeping from my ears and tear ducts... I had to read that at least 3 times... I am still a little queasy.

Popular posts from this blog

Mycology*

A Phone Conversation: Me: "In the spirit of full disclosure, I should let you know I am signed up to auction myself off at a batchelor/batchelorette auction next month." Friendster Guy: "How much does a single girl go for these days? Will I have to bring my checkbook?" Right thing to say Friendster Guy. Right thing to say. Also, today is Compliment Day. According to this site , this day was created in 1998 by Kathy Chamberlin, of Hopkinton, NH. and Debby Hoffman, of Concord, NH. Sad that it took until 1998 to have a Compliment Day while National Pie Day began in 1986 (thanks American Pie Council and Crisco), and National Handwriting Day started way back in 1977. Spread the love today. Compliment 5 people. By the way, you're fabulous. * Mycology = the study of fungus

Gone by the wayside

I have no idea if anyone is reading this anymore. If you have been loyally checking back now and again I applaud you. At one point this blog was a therapeutic outlet for me. I'm glad to have a chronicle of my experiences during this time of my life. Now, however, instead of a creative outlet it's more of a nagging reminder that I should be posting and this girl does not need one more thing on her "To Do" list. I'd love for you to explore the archives if you so chose. If you have already done so, here's a brief update: Friendster Guy and I are still together and co-habitating. We are in domestic, but still unwedded, bliss (that status could be a post or two in and of itself, but, as I've just said, I'm done with that.) We're so domesticated we're in the market for granite countertops. We also just returned from an Aussie/New Zealand vacation and if 8 days in a tiny RV won't solidify (or destroy) a relationship nothing will. We're stronge...

TMI re: Nuvaring

Let's just state right up front that this post is going to contain too much information. It's about birth control, the prescription kind. Any modern straight gal must think about it unless they like playing russian roulette with their ovaries. (Thanks N for correcting my previously heterocentric sentence.) There is nothing fun about birth control except that you can kind of have sex without freaking out that you may get pregnant. Of course you may get pregnant anyway (joy! rapture!) simply because the gods are not smiling upon you and you are the one in 100 for whom the statistics suck. Pros of birth control: You are less likely to get pregnant. Sometimes your skin clears up. Less severe cramping. You have control of your own destiny, sort of. Cons of birth control: If you are on the pill you have to remember to take it every day. Sometimes, as in my case, it can make you think you are bipolar, even at a low dose. It's just a general pain in the rear end that makes you par...