Skip to main content

Welcome to Week 3 of Sassy's Fitness Challenge

Ok, so it's practically half way through the third week. So be it. It's that much closer to Friday.

Mostly, this post is going to be about random stuff and nothing at all of real interest or help to you.

First: I somehow lost 2 pounds over the last week! I was getting a little disheartened since I hadn't lost a single thing before now. I was convincing myself that the new muscle was simply cancelling out the weight loss. Luckily, I lost the 2 pounds (!) before that lie started to lose its powers.

Second: I am in love with Lean Cuisine Glazed Turkey Tenderloins. It's like all the best things about Thanksgiving in 5 minutes. I have no idea how they pack all that flavor into 260 calories of formerly frozen goodness. Seriously, I had to stop myself from licking the plastic container.

Third: I am wearing a skirt that I usually consider unflattering, i.e. makes me look larger than I actually am and, for some reason today, it actually looks good! I think the top I chose to wear with it is helping a lot but still. I'm even managing to look like I have curves. In a good way! Yeah!

Fourth: I had dinner with 6 firemen last night. Just me and the boys. From that experience, I have now determined one major difference between workplaces that are all women, and those that are all men. When men work together, they torture each other physically and with overtones of comraderie and good cheer - as in, "I bet you can't eat this entire jar of jalapenos/maple syrup/old bulging-sided apple cider." There was no end to the delight these guys felt retelling the tale of the night so-and-so spent moaning on the commode because of one of the above episodes. At least their torture is fleeting. Women's torture tends toward the psychological and the scars can last forever. I still wouldn't eat the jar of jalapenos though. Blech.

Comments

I've lost another 0.6 lbs. Not as thrilling as the first 2 lbs., but it is still a downward turn on the scale and, therefore, worthy of celebration. I can see the effects on my body, though, and most importantly, in my energy level and state-of-mind. I can't wait to see what the coming weeks will bring!

Popular posts from this blog

Mycology*

A Phone Conversation: Me: "In the spirit of full disclosure, I should let you know I am signed up to auction myself off at a batchelor/batchelorette auction next month." Friendster Guy: "How much does a single girl go for these days? Will I have to bring my checkbook?" Right thing to say Friendster Guy. Right thing to say. Also, today is Compliment Day. According to this site , this day was created in 1998 by Kathy Chamberlin, of Hopkinton, NH. and Debby Hoffman, of Concord, NH. Sad that it took until 1998 to have a Compliment Day while National Pie Day began in 1986 (thanks American Pie Council and Crisco), and National Handwriting Day started way back in 1977. Spread the love today. Compliment 5 people. By the way, you're fabulous. * Mycology = the study of fungus

Gone by the wayside

I have no idea if anyone is reading this anymore. If you have been loyally checking back now and again I applaud you. At one point this blog was a therapeutic outlet for me. I'm glad to have a chronicle of my experiences during this time of my life. Now, however, instead of a creative outlet it's more of a nagging reminder that I should be posting and this girl does not need one more thing on her "To Do" list. I'd love for you to explore the archives if you so chose. If you have already done so, here's a brief update: Friendster Guy and I are still together and co-habitating. We are in domestic, but still unwedded, bliss (that status could be a post or two in and of itself, but, as I've just said, I'm done with that.) We're so domesticated we're in the market for granite countertops. We also just returned from an Aussie/New Zealand vacation and if 8 days in a tiny RV won't solidify (or destroy) a relationship nothing will. We're stronge...

TMI re: Nuvaring

Let's just state right up front that this post is going to contain too much information. It's about birth control, the prescription kind. Any modern straight gal must think about it unless they like playing russian roulette with their ovaries. (Thanks N for correcting my previously heterocentric sentence.) There is nothing fun about birth control except that you can kind of have sex without freaking out that you may get pregnant. Of course you may get pregnant anyway (joy! rapture!) simply because the gods are not smiling upon you and you are the one in 100 for whom the statistics suck. Pros of birth control: You are less likely to get pregnant. Sometimes your skin clears up. Less severe cramping. You have control of your own destiny, sort of. Cons of birth control: If you are on the pill you have to remember to take it every day. Sometimes, as in my case, it can make you think you are bipolar, even at a low dose. It's just a general pain in the rear end that makes you par...