Skip to main content

It's official...

...I am doing all my holiday shopping on-line.

Why? For one, it's easy, it's efficient, and I don't have to interact with anyone to do it. For another, and this is a biggie, I was in Walmart yesterday and they were already playing Christmas music. I wasn't paying attention and then all of a sudden it hit me. It hit me so hard I stopped my cart in the middle of the aisle and said, "Are you kidding me?" Luckily, Friendster Guy was with me so I didn't look like as much of a crazy person as I could have but still.

Dear purveyors of goods, thanks to you this is not the hap, happiest time of the year because you started with the jingle bells before I had time to finishing gorging myself on stale candy. I am not decking my freakin' halls until at least after I have had me some cranberry sauce and stuffing (or dressing if you are from another part of the country than I am. Aside, where does the stuffing versus dressing line start? Does it follow the Mason/Dixon?)

I'm going to parumpapumpum myself in front of the computer and pay shipping if necessary to avoid getting holiday earworms. So help me God. Amen.

Comments

Queen Geek said…
I second that!!! And third it and fourth it if necessary!

Popular posts from this blog

Mycology*

A Phone Conversation: Me: "In the spirit of full disclosure, I should let you know I am signed up to auction myself off at a batchelor/batchelorette auction next month." Friendster Guy: "How much does a single girl go for these days? Will I have to bring my checkbook?" Right thing to say Friendster Guy. Right thing to say. Also, today is Compliment Day. According to this site , this day was created in 1998 by Kathy Chamberlin, of Hopkinton, NH. and Debby Hoffman, of Concord, NH. Sad that it took until 1998 to have a Compliment Day while National Pie Day began in 1986 (thanks American Pie Council and Crisco), and National Handwriting Day started way back in 1977. Spread the love today. Compliment 5 people. By the way, you're fabulous. * Mycology = the study of fungus

Gone by the wayside

I have no idea if anyone is reading this anymore. If you have been loyally checking back now and again I applaud you. At one point this blog was a therapeutic outlet for me. I'm glad to have a chronicle of my experiences during this time of my life. Now, however, instead of a creative outlet it's more of a nagging reminder that I should be posting and this girl does not need one more thing on her "To Do" list. I'd love for you to explore the archives if you so chose. If you have already done so, here's a brief update: Friendster Guy and I are still together and co-habitating. We are in domestic, but still unwedded, bliss (that status could be a post or two in and of itself, but, as I've just said, I'm done with that.) We're so domesticated we're in the market for granite countertops. We also just returned from an Aussie/New Zealand vacation and if 8 days in a tiny RV won't solidify (or destroy) a relationship nothing will. We're stronge...

TMI re: Nuvaring

Let's just state right up front that this post is going to contain too much information. It's about birth control, the prescription kind. Any modern straight gal must think about it unless they like playing russian roulette with their ovaries. (Thanks N for correcting my previously heterocentric sentence.) There is nothing fun about birth control except that you can kind of have sex without freaking out that you may get pregnant. Of course you may get pregnant anyway (joy! rapture!) simply because the gods are not smiling upon you and you are the one in 100 for whom the statistics suck. Pros of birth control: You are less likely to get pregnant. Sometimes your skin clears up. Less severe cramping. You have control of your own destiny, sort of. Cons of birth control: If you are on the pill you have to remember to take it every day. Sometimes, as in my case, it can make you think you are bipolar, even at a low dose. It's just a general pain in the rear end that makes you par...