Skip to main content

My life is so exciting

Right now, I'm waiting for the cable guy. Whoo!

Why does "a person in the household 18 and over" have to be present for this installation? Don't they just have to play with some wires? Can't I leave the back door unlocked and let them do their thing? Why is every other business that provides services able to pinpoint a more specific time frame for scheduling delivery and such? Why do I have to sit in my home for 4 hours waiting for some installer to show up? And then pay for the privilege of that wait?

Luckily, I happened to have a large window of time open because I only had clients at 6am (ugh!), 8:30am, and another at 4:00pm today. I just know that my Comcast dictated window from 12-4pm is going to mean they show up no earlier than 3:45. If that's the case I don't quite know what to do. Friendster Guy doesn't get out of work until 5 and I have to leave the house by 3:45 to make it to my next client. They've got about an hour and 15 minutes before I start to freak out.

I can't even take a nap, which I desperately want to do. By 9:30 I'd already had two clients and worked out for an hour myself. 6:00am is freakin' early.

Keep your fingers crossed that Mr. Comcast get here on time. I'm not holding my breath. To add another layer of difficulty it snowed this morning. I'm sure that adds a whole 'nuther layer of slowness to whatever they might be doing before they make it to my place. Sigh.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mycology*

A Phone Conversation: Me: "In the spirit of full disclosure, I should let you know I am signed up to auction myself off at a batchelor/batchelorette auction next month." Friendster Guy: "How much does a single girl go for these days? Will I have to bring my checkbook?" Right thing to say Friendster Guy. Right thing to say. Also, today is Compliment Day. According to this site , this day was created in 1998 by Kathy Chamberlin, of Hopkinton, NH. and Debby Hoffman, of Concord, NH. Sad that it took until 1998 to have a Compliment Day while National Pie Day began in 1986 (thanks American Pie Council and Crisco), and National Handwriting Day started way back in 1977. Spread the love today. Compliment 5 people. By the way, you're fabulous. * Mycology = the study of fungus

Gone by the wayside

I have no idea if anyone is reading this anymore. If you have been loyally checking back now and again I applaud you. At one point this blog was a therapeutic outlet for me. I'm glad to have a chronicle of my experiences during this time of my life. Now, however, instead of a creative outlet it's more of a nagging reminder that I should be posting and this girl does not need one more thing on her "To Do" list. I'd love for you to explore the archives if you so chose. If you have already done so, here's a brief update: Friendster Guy and I are still together and co-habitating. We are in domestic, but still unwedded, bliss (that status could be a post or two in and of itself, but, as I've just said, I'm done with that.) We're so domesticated we're in the market for granite countertops. We also just returned from an Aussie/New Zealand vacation and if 8 days in a tiny RV won't solidify (or destroy) a relationship nothing will. We're stronge...

TMI re: Nuvaring

Let's just state right up front that this post is going to contain too much information. It's about birth control, the prescription kind. Any modern straight gal must think about it unless they like playing russian roulette with their ovaries. (Thanks N for correcting my previously heterocentric sentence.) There is nothing fun about birth control except that you can kind of have sex without freaking out that you may get pregnant. Of course you may get pregnant anyway (joy! rapture!) simply because the gods are not smiling upon you and you are the one in 100 for whom the statistics suck. Pros of birth control: You are less likely to get pregnant. Sometimes your skin clears up. Less severe cramping. You have control of your own destiny, sort of. Cons of birth control: If you are on the pill you have to remember to take it every day. Sometimes, as in my case, it can make you think you are bipolar, even at a low dose. It's just a general pain in the rear end that makes you par...