Wednesday, November 28, 2007

When it rains it pours

Thanks for all the positive thoughts for my grandfather. He is back home and doing well. Which means he's probably out in his workshop sawing stuff. The man's a machine.

In other news, I have clients coming out the wazoo. The way it works at my gym is that when you join you go through an assessment process (weight, fat %, flexibility, aerobic capacity etc.) and they give the personal training schpeel there. That way I don't have to be the sales person. When someone has signed up for training or a one time demo with you the assessors put a red piece of paper in your mailbox with their information and you have to contact them within 48 hours. I swear to god that today every time I turned around there was another red sheet in my box. I can't even keep up. I got at least 4 or 5 today, which is a lot. There are generally only about 3 or 4 assessments in any given day as far as I can tell. I had about an hour or so free in the morning so I made some calls. When I called one guy who had signed up for 2 sessions just this morning he asked to train today so I fit him in at 5:15. Talk about turn around. I have another demo scheduled tomorrow and 3 more people to call. I think I'm getting the hang of this.

It's an embarrassment of riches really.

3 comments:

jt said...

Congrats, SP. You're livin' the dream, and we're livin' it vicariously through you!

Wayne said...

Hey, congratulations! I wouldn't mind being embarrassed by some riches right about now, what with Christmas coming up and all that jazz.

Glad to hear your grandfather is feeling better.

Queen Geek said...

Hooray! See, you went for it and it's working! Congrats! I'm so proud.