Skip to main content

Internet Ego Boost

A reminder, ladies (and gentlemen), that your flaws and quirks may be exactly what another person finds attractive about you. I received the comment below from Adrift at Sea on my Before picture post.
Writing from the perspective of a man, the pictures you bravely posted, reveal an attractive woman. (And you even posted your height and weight.) I do not claim to represent all men, but I am confident that other men consider a number of different factors. I look at a woman's face, how she carries herself, takes care of her appearance, her shape, and, yes, her legs and buttocks, not necessarily in that order. Many attributes contribute to my overall assessment of female beauty. A person with a little more body to love, may look beautiful to me, just on her face alone, her hair, her complexion, her skin, her smile, her outfit, her shape, or any combination of these features. Some of my turn-offs are bad manners, contempt for other people, total disregard for one's personal health, too much makeup, drug usage, extreme weight conditions, both under and over. I actually prefer a medium build, and a little under or a little over look great. I am an ardent admirer of an hourglass figure, with real and natural curves. So, all in all, you look like a medium build. You are desirable. And the fact that you have an interest in good health is a huge plus. Cheers.

Are any of you single ladies in the LA area? If I learned anything from my three month stint trolling Match.com it's this: An articulate man who knows how to use spell check is hard to find. One who actually says something that makes sense and boosts my ego is almost impossible. Thanks Adrift. I hope you find what you're looking for.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mycology*

A Phone Conversation: Me: "In the spirit of full disclosure, I should let you know I am signed up to auction myself off at a batchelor/batchelorette auction next month." Friendster Guy: "How much does a single girl go for these days? Will I have to bring my checkbook?" Right thing to say Friendster Guy. Right thing to say. Also, today is Compliment Day. According to this site , this day was created in 1998 by Kathy Chamberlin, of Hopkinton, NH. and Debby Hoffman, of Concord, NH. Sad that it took until 1998 to have a Compliment Day while National Pie Day began in 1986 (thanks American Pie Council and Crisco), and National Handwriting Day started way back in 1977. Spread the love today. Compliment 5 people. By the way, you're fabulous. * Mycology = the study of fungus

Gone by the wayside

I have no idea if anyone is reading this anymore. If you have been loyally checking back now and again I applaud you. At one point this blog was a therapeutic outlet for me. I'm glad to have a chronicle of my experiences during this time of my life. Now, however, instead of a creative outlet it's more of a nagging reminder that I should be posting and this girl does not need one more thing on her "To Do" list. I'd love for you to explore the archives if you so chose. If you have already done so, here's a brief update: Friendster Guy and I are still together and co-habitating. We are in domestic, but still unwedded, bliss (that status could be a post or two in and of itself, but, as I've just said, I'm done with that.) We're so domesticated we're in the market for granite countertops. We also just returned from an Aussie/New Zealand vacation and if 8 days in a tiny RV won't solidify (or destroy) a relationship nothing will. We're stronge...

TMI re: Nuvaring

Let's just state right up front that this post is going to contain too much information. It's about birth control, the prescription kind. Any modern straight gal must think about it unless they like playing russian roulette with their ovaries. (Thanks N for correcting my previously heterocentric sentence.) There is nothing fun about birth control except that you can kind of have sex without freaking out that you may get pregnant. Of course you may get pregnant anyway (joy! rapture!) simply because the gods are not smiling upon you and you are the one in 100 for whom the statistics suck. Pros of birth control: You are less likely to get pregnant. Sometimes your skin clears up. Less severe cramping. You have control of your own destiny, sort of. Cons of birth control: If you are on the pill you have to remember to take it every day. Sometimes, as in my case, it can make you think you are bipolar, even at a low dose. It's just a general pain in the rear end that makes you par...