Skip to main content

When it rains it pours

Dear Universe, Blogosphere, Yoda and David Hasselhoff,

Remember a couple weeks ago when I asked you to give me a sign that I should quit and the very next day my boss's boss pulled some lame ass stupid unnecessary shit and made me realize that I could never survive until Thanksgiving. Remember? Yeah, that was cool. Thanks.

I don't really have a lot to beseech thee about today but I would like to make a request or two. Mostly, what I'm looking for is the ability to recognize when I too am doing lame ass unnecessary shit (preferrably before anyone else does). I think I'm doing pretty good so far but I tend to get grandiose ideas that are great but unnecessary at the moment. For instance, I'd love to create a newsletter for my clients. Would it be great if I gave them one? Yes. But is it necessary right now when I don't even know what exercises I'm going to do with them? No. Ergo, I need to be stopped before I play with any more Word templates. (By the by, I believe Word was created by the devil and Jerry Falwell to make every project 300 times harder than necessary. I just want to import a picture. Is that too much to friggin' ask? IS IT?!!! *deep breath* I'm ok now. Really. I'm ok. I'm going to my happy place. John Cusack and Eric Bana are meeting me there. *exhale*)

What I'd also like to ask is that you grant my friends and family the patience to deal with me whilst I neglect them this month. It just isn't going to be possible for me to be all things to all people, or even small things to a couple of people. I'm going to try, but sweet Flying Spaghetti Monster, it ain't going to be easy. I know things will come back to an even keel once my schedule settles down but October is probably a wash. I haven't even thought about my Halloween costume yet and usually by this time I have 3 homemade ones already done and ready for public consumption. This year, it's not going to happen. I'll throw on a graduation robe, some round glasses and call myself Harry Potter. I already have the scarf.

In addition, and this is just an FYI, Friendster Guy had an offer on a condo accepted and we're now going to be moving early next month. Crazy in bulk. It's what I do.

To recap: I'm looking for help saying no (to my own self as well as others), and patience and forgiveness from friends and family for sheer and utter neglect. And if you'd like to throw in some nice boxes for packing, I wouldn't say no.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mycology*

A Phone Conversation: Me: "In the spirit of full disclosure, I should let you know I am signed up to auction myself off at a batchelor/batchelorette auction next month." Friendster Guy: "How much does a single girl go for these days? Will I have to bring my checkbook?" Right thing to say Friendster Guy. Right thing to say. Also, today is Compliment Day. According to this site , this day was created in 1998 by Kathy Chamberlin, of Hopkinton, NH. and Debby Hoffman, of Concord, NH. Sad that it took until 1998 to have a Compliment Day while National Pie Day began in 1986 (thanks American Pie Council and Crisco), and National Handwriting Day started way back in 1977. Spread the love today. Compliment 5 people. By the way, you're fabulous. * Mycology = the study of fungus

Gone by the wayside

I have no idea if anyone is reading this anymore. If you have been loyally checking back now and again I applaud you. At one point this blog was a therapeutic outlet for me. I'm glad to have a chronicle of my experiences during this time of my life. Now, however, instead of a creative outlet it's more of a nagging reminder that I should be posting and this girl does not need one more thing on her "To Do" list. I'd love for you to explore the archives if you so chose. If you have already done so, here's a brief update: Friendster Guy and I are still together and co-habitating. We are in domestic, but still unwedded, bliss (that status could be a post or two in and of itself, but, as I've just said, I'm done with that.) We're so domesticated we're in the market for granite countertops. We also just returned from an Aussie/New Zealand vacation and if 8 days in a tiny RV won't solidify (or destroy) a relationship nothing will. We're stronge...

TMI re: Nuvaring

Let's just state right up front that this post is going to contain too much information. It's about birth control, the prescription kind. Any modern straight gal must think about it unless they like playing russian roulette with their ovaries. (Thanks N for correcting my previously heterocentric sentence.) There is nothing fun about birth control except that you can kind of have sex without freaking out that you may get pregnant. Of course you may get pregnant anyway (joy! rapture!) simply because the gods are not smiling upon you and you are the one in 100 for whom the statistics suck. Pros of birth control: You are less likely to get pregnant. Sometimes your skin clears up. Less severe cramping. You have control of your own destiny, sort of. Cons of birth control: If you are on the pill you have to remember to take it every day. Sometimes, as in my case, it can make you think you are bipolar, even at a low dose. It's just a general pain in the rear end that makes you par...